10 Things That Happen to Salespeople When They Work From Home
Life across the globe has quickly changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Professions are being tested, especially the brave health care workers treating patients, and the drivers and food workers keeping everyone fed and stocked up.
And life has changed for salespeople too, as hundreds of companies switched to a work from home policy. For some, working from home is a new experience; for others, it’s what they’ve done all along.
To cheer you up and show you that you’re not alone, we’ve put together a list of what happens to salespeople when they work from home. Let us know how many of these can you relate to:
1. The coffee at home is never as good as it is at the cafe
But as long as it has caffeine in it, it’s still worth drinking.
2. You can get started on work right away
No commute, no change of clothes, maybe no shower … but you should at least brush your teeth.
3. But there are going to be distractions
Like emptying the dishwasher, organizing your workspace, and that door handle you’ve been meaning to fix for a while now, and…
4. If you have a pet, they’re going to take full advantage
Cat, dog, ferret, it doesn’t matter – now that you’re home, they (rightly) demand attention
5. And if you have kids at home, they will too
But it’s precious time spent with them that you’ll never get back
6. But if you can tune out distractions, you’ll be able to get a lot done
Since you won’t have Jim from the cubicle next to you eating reheated fish at 1 in the afternoon.
7. Make sure to go out and get some fresh air
Staying indoors all day isn’t good for your mind or your body
8. And make sure to video chat with coworkers from time to time
You need to see human faces and hear human voices
9. Try to limit consumption of the news
Get the facts from government agencies and public officials, but try to tune out the noise.
10. And don’t forget, this is the perfect time to work on yourself and your sales skills
If not now, when?
Subscribe to Spiro’s Blog
Sales guys, stay away from these five bad sales habits that drive your prospects crazy.
When you’re as busy as you are in sales, you could use some help. Check out what we think are the 10 small (but important) sales tasks to do every day.