The 9 Steps of Successful Deals, as Told by Jurassic Park
While articles have been written about what can go wrong during a business transaction, not much attention has been paid to telling stories about what can go right. A successful deal, while not as compelling as a catastrophe, is exhilarating, especially for the sales rep who sees it through, from beginning to end.
In an effort to add some narrative, we decided to show the nine steps of a successful deal, but to do it in a way that will appeal to the general public. And what better way to drum up enthusiasm than by using one of the most entertaining and successful movie franchises of all time?!
Here are the nine steps of a successful deal, as told by Jurassic Park:
1. The salesperson calls, emails, and messages prospects, trying to drum up interest and build rapport
2. Finally, someone expresses interest
3. And it’s time to put on a memorable presentation
4. But the competition is hot on their heels
5. And the prospect gets multiple competing proposals
6. The salesperson nervously waits for the final decision
7. And keeps an eye out for any encouraging signs
8. Finally, the prospect says they’re ready to move forward
9. And the paperwork is signed, and the deal is done
Subscribe to Spiro’s Blog